Morning woke up yesterday morning and had a idea to start on the bathroom. Cleared out everything and started to remove the laminate from around the tub. It came off quite easy not a bunch of cussing. It was installed on Blue board and I was quite happy. Got down to about 2 ft above the tub and there it was. MOLD!. Not much and my keeper says she has seen more then that in a lot of houses she use to clean,so not a problem. I cut out the green board and removed it . and went about the task at hand she killed the mold. When they build this house away back when , it has siding, some kind of flat board and plaster. When the other guy put up the bath he installed the green board. Then I removed the vanity,and sink that was but ass ugly.
Then it was off to Builders Square with our budget already shot to shit we started shopping. Dry wall, Green dry wall, screws, dry wall tape and joint compound, and some odds and end of the wood kind. Then we walked into the tile department. Not a soul to ask a question, so we just started to load the cart. After about a half hour some guy walks up and says "may I help you" well I guess he earned about a 22% of his days wages. Checked out and off to the bungalow we went unloaded our stuff and went back to work' Placed Green board and sheet rock and put joint compound in the seams and nail holes. Well while that was setting up I went on line and found out that ceramic tile can not be installed on green board, WTF!!! a long time ago I seen it installed on just plan old sheet rock . Now you are telling me I cant do that "holy cow".looked at about 200 sites and all but a few said you cant do that.then I found one that said it would work so that is what we are going to do, go over the green board. Dam It is late gotta get some sleep so I will be of clear mind on what to do. I know in the 70;s it was installed just over sheet rock I seen it with my own two eyes. Well Ill close now and fill you in tomorrow on the bathroom from hell. good night . I hear it is a snow storm in Denver well it is 66 at 3:15 in Humble
No comments:
Post a Comment